High housing prices and the need for a large deposit make buying a home difficult for a lot of people. Shared ownership provides a solution for anybody who cannot afford to purchase a property outright but would like to own their own home.
Laindon Place’s shared ownership scheme offers you the chance to buy a share of a modern and spacious home and pay rent on the remaining share. You use your deposit and a mortgage to buy your share, anything from 35% to 75% of the price, and pay a subsidised rent each month on the remaining share.
You can increase the amount you own up to 100% in the future using a process known as ‘Staircasing’.
How do I apply for Laindon Place’s shared ownership scheme?
You can apply for a home at one of our Laindon homes using shared ownership if:
- You do not own a property and have a household income less than £80,000 per annum.
- You agree to have a preliminary discussion with our recommended mortgage advisor to assess your affordability.
- You have a deposit and are approved for a mortgage by our recommended mortgage advisor.
- You pay a £500 reservation fee, which takes your preferred home off the market.
- You provide the details of your chosen solicitor.
- You exchange contracts within 28 days of receipt of Contracts by your solicitor, giving you time to raise any questions and finalise your mortgage.
Please note, your £500 reservation fee goes towards the cost of your apartment, but you will have additional costs such as legal and conveyancing fees.